Natural Resource Partners L.P. (NRP) is a diversified natural resource company that owns interests in coal, aggregates and industrial minerals across the United States. A large percentage of NRP's revenues are generated from royalties and other passive income. In addition, NRP owns an equity investment in Ciner Wyoming, a trona/soda ash operation.
NRP is a master limited partnership headquartered in Houston, TX.
- Who is the transfer Agent and Registrar of the Corporation?
American Stock Transfer and Trust CompanyPostal Address: 59 Maiden Lane Plaza Level New York, NY 10038Overnight Address: 6201 15th Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11219E-mail Address: email@example.comTelephone: 1-800-937-5449Registered shareholders may write, e-mail or call the transfer agent above for information about share balance, account consolidation, change of name or address for official records, stock transfer, and other administrative matters. Information and forms are also available through amstock.com
- Where is the partnership headquarters located?
- Natural Resource Partners L.P. 1201 Louisiana Street, Suite 3400, Houston, TX 77002 713-751-7507
- How may I be added to the e-mail alert list for the partnership?
- You may be added to the mail alert where you will be notified by email if the partnership issues any news releases, adds partnership events to its website or makes any filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. To add your email address to mail alert please visit the Investors section here.
- How may I be added to the mailing list for the partnership?
- To request information please contact Investor Relations at (713) 751-7555 or send a request to: Investor Relations Natural Resource Partners L.P. 1201 Louisiana Street, Suite 3400, Houston, TX 77002
- How many employees does the Partnership have?
- As of December 31, 2017, affiliates of our general partner employed 64 people who directly supported our operations. None of these employees were subject to a collective bargaining agreement. We employed 243 people who supported the construction aggregates mining and production operations. None of these employees were subject to a collective bargaining agreement.
- When are distributions declared and paid?
- The Partnership will make the quarterly distributions within 60 days after the end of each quarter to the unitholders of record on the applicable record date.
- What amount is distributed quarterly?
- The actual amount of cash that is available to be distributed each quarter depends on numerous factors, some of which are beyond our control and the control of the general partner. The actual amount of cash we have to distribute each quarter is reduced by payments in respect of debt service and other contractual obligations, fixed charges, maintenance capital expenditures and reserves for future operating or capital needs that the board of directors may determine are appropriate.
- What is the distribution history?
- Distribution history can be found here.
- What tax information will I receive at the end of the year?
- Since the entity is a partnership, you will receive a Form K-1 in approximately March of each year. You will not receive a Form 1099.
- What portion of the cash distributed will be taxable income?
- Depending upon your basis in the units, a portion of the cash received may be tax deferred. In addition a substantial portion of the income that will be allocated to you is expected to be long-term capital gain, which for individuals is subject to a significantly lower maximum federal income tax rate than ordinary income.
- Must I pay income taxes in various states in which the Partnership operates?
- Appropriate information is provided on the Form K-1 to file the necessary returns. You should contact your tax adviser regarding applicable state income taxes. The partnership owns assets in all of the states listed below. Each of these states currently impose a personal income tax. You may reach the appropriate state tax websites by clicking on the appropriate link below.
Alabama Louisiana Ohio Arizona Maine Oklahoma Arkansas Maryland Pennsylvania California Michigan South Carolina Georgia Mississippi Tennessee Illinois Montana Virginia Indiana North Carolina West Virginia Kentucky North Dakota Wisconsin
- Does the partnership have unrelated business taxable income(UBTI)?
- The partnership does have UBTI making this investment not suitable for IRA’s and regulated investment companies.
- May this security be held by non-U.S. persons?
- While the security is not prohibited from being held by a non-U.S. person, any distributions to non-U.S. persons will be reduced by withholding tax at the highest effective tax rate applicable to individuals, and non U.S. unitholders will be required to file federal income tax returns and pay tax on their share of our taxable income.
- May I invest in NRP through my individual retirement account (IRA)?
- While investing in NRP through an IRA is not prohibited, it may not be advisable. Under certain circumstances, due to unrelated business taxable income, the income may be taxable to the unitholder even though it is held in an IRA. Before investing in NRP through an IRA it is advisable that you speak with your tax adviser.